Mid/Senior Scala Developer100% Remote, Warsaw
Iterators is looking to hire a mid or senior-level backend developer. Iterators builds products for startups and enterprises around the globe.
Our Offices: 100% Remote, Warsaw (Ochota, Near Blue City).
Compensation: Join us for 32+ hours per week. Compensation for the role depends on your software development skills, and ranges between 9000 — 20000 PLN net monthly (if B2B contract). A trial period may apply. 100% remote work possible.
- Easy-going and Inclusive Work Environment
- Emphasis on Self-development
- Educational Budget
- Growth Opportunities
- Remote Work and Flex Hours Possible
- Unlimited Vacation (Some Paid)
- Free Office Coffee, Drinks, and Snacks
- Team Events and Parties
Our team operates the same regardless if members work from or the office. We have a tried and tested approach to communication and collaboration, putting remote workers on equal footing with employees who choose to work from the office.
- Liaise with product, design and development teams to ensure proper quality of deliverables for given software development lifecycle phase
- Communicate with the team on daily basis. Be a part of sprint plannings, stand-ups and retrospectives
- Create backend code for software built within your team
- Ensure proper infrastructure design and application deployment
- Prepare backend development environment
- Ensure code that you deliver works
- Prepare code reviews for other team members
- Support client, management and designers with architectural knowledge of constraints and effort estimation for planned and implemented features.
- Good Scala skills,
- Familiarity with RDBMS (PostgreSQL) or NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra)
- Deep knowledge of software design principles (Emphasis on Functional Programming)
- Sharp attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good command in English and Polish (minimum B2 level)
- Great team player with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Able to sit, stand and walk around for long hours at a time
- Flexible and adaptable
- A positive outlook, promoting constructive responses to the challenges of work within the team
- Knowledge in the domain of software, startups, and high tech
Contact us! We will schedule a 15 – 45 minute video call to talk about our possible cooperation. After, you will get a homework assignment which will be reviewed by our team members. If all goes well, after a round (or two) of feedback, you will be invited to take part in a paired programming task. After, we will prepare an offer for you.
The whole process should not take more than 3 weeks — it mostly depends on your delivery of the homework assignment.
No need to be formal. Just send us your links and we’ll be in touch!